ICE Launching Conference: Day 1
ICE’s launching conference brought together leading scientists, humanists, and public intellectuals working on fundamental questions at the forefront of cross-disciplinary research.
Friday, September 30, 2016
2:30 pm – 4 p.m.
- Opening remarks by ICE Director Marcelo Gleiser
- Philosopher and novelist Rebecca Goldstein presents "The Scientists and the Philosophers Should Be Friends"
- MIT quantum mechanics expert Seth Lloyd with "A Turing Test for Free Will”
- William Storrar, director of the Center of Theological Inquiry, discusses “Instituting Interdisciplinarity: The Cultural Challenge”
- Journalist K.C. Cole on “Science for the Soul: The Sentimental Fruits”
- Wesleyan professor of religion Mary-Jane Rubenstein presents “God and the Multiverse: A Melodrama"